Thursday, April 14, 2011

Without Wavering

"Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was absolutely convinced that God was able to do anything he promised." (Romans 4:20-21, NLT)

I watched a video clip of Beth Moore yesterday called "An Invitation to Disbelieve." Now, I have to say, the title caught my eye and I just had to look at it. She brought up this verse..."Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise." God has promised specific things to us. Some of those things are general promises for all of us, some of those promises are specific to the individual. If you go back to Genesis chapter 12, you will see that for Abraham, he was given the promise of a nation...that was a promise specific to him...and this verse in Romans tells us that Abraham believed God. In Hebrews 11 it talks about Abraham as well...it says that Abraham, by faith, went to a land he didn't even know about. And he did this simply because God told him to. Can you imagine that? He just got up and went. And, though he didn't see the promises of God fulfilled for a long time, rather than getting discouraged his faith grew even stronger! He did not waiver. And this faith brought glory to God. Now, did Abraham do everything right? By no means...he even had his wife tell people she was his sister so that he could save his own skin! We would say that showed little faith...which is true. And yet, over all, he followed God. That is what he is known for.

That being said, I don't know what specific promises God has given you, I do know some general ones, like He promises never to leave or forsake you (Heb 13). But regardless of the specifics, cling to the promises of God! Walk in faith, KNOWING that He will carry them out, whether it is a promise of children and you can't see how it can happen, or it's the promise that you are not alone, even when you feel so isolated you could scream. For my part, I have found myself in a place that I might not just choose to live...yet God has challenged me with this very message..."My dear child, believe me. Walk through this and NEVER WAVER. I WILL DO exactly what I say."



May God bless and keep you as you cling to His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment